Tuesday, April 30, 2013

First Spring Wildflowers in the Colorado Mountains


Yesterday, on my way to see my pony, I saw my first wildflower of the year.  It was a purple crocus and is one of Colorado's many species of native wildflowers.  Later, while on a walk with my dog Chief, I saw a few groupings of pasque flowers as well...
Light Purple Pasque Colorado Wildflower Poster

They are also native to the mountainous regions of Colorado.  It was really nice to see them and I am very excited for more flowers to pop up and to be able to start gardening.

I recently took an interest in photography and this was the perfect opportunity to test out my skills.  I loved a few of the photos and used them to create some cool things on Zazzle.  Here are a few of my favorites...



No comments:

Post a Comment